Here you will find some useful links for websites, genebanks and other info on the many aspects of bambara groundnut research, conservation and use. If you would like your website listed, please feel free to contact us.
- A new consortium of plant research institutes looking to use cutting edge technologies and germplasm collections to accelerate the rate of crop improvement and furnish food and agricultural products to the growing human population click here
- Plant Resource of Tropical Africa (PROTA4U) click here
- PROTA4U document on bambara groundnut click here
- Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of United Nations’ page on statistics of crop production, including bambara groundnut (FAO Stat) click here
- Bioversity International’s page for information Bambara groundnut click here
- Bioversity International’s Neglected and Underutilised Species community webpage (NUS community) click here
- A list of descriptors used for morphological characterisation of bambara groundnut in the field click here
- Report of FAO Mangement Series 1: Global Mapping of Bambara groundnut production click here
- Report on McKnight collaborative project on Bambara groundnut 2009 – 2010 click here
- EU Commission portal for BamLINK report click here
- Homepage of IITA’s Genome Resource Centre (GRC) where they house the largest collection of over 2000 bambara groundnut accessions click here
- Webpage of the Landscape, Landrace, and Livelihood project – a collaboration between the Socio, Economic and Policy Theme of Crops For the Future (CFF; Malaysia), University of East London (UEL; UK), University of Chittagong (Bangladesh) and the University of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. click here
- Food Plants International – world’s largest database of edible food plants, containing useful information on over 27,600 food plants. click here
- Kew Royal Botanical Gardens in UK have a collection of bambara groundnut seeds, including some useful basic information about the crop; click here to read more .